Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Cajun Corner – Vol. 6, No. 14 – May 27, 2014


 

 
 
Cajun Corner – Vol. 6, No. 14 – May 27, 2014

 

Bon Jour!  Welcome to Cajun Stitchery’s weekly email and welcome to our family.

 

ΘΘΘΘΘ

Don’t forget to visit us at www.cajunstitchery.com, www.flickr.com/photos/cajunstitchery, and, www.cajunstitchery.etsy.com often.   We are also on Twitter and Facebook. 

Visit our on-line catalogs at:



Oh what a week this has been.  We had a large project of monogramming 57 shams for a hotel in Louisiana.  It was a domino effect and we ended up getting the shams on Wednesday.  We worked 12-14 hours a day and finally finished them Saturday evening.  Our customer had to leave Pensacola at 5 a.m. Sunday morning to get the shams to the hotel to meet the deadline of Sunday.

While embroidering these white shams, a small glob of black grease fell onto the fabric.  I finished the embroidery and promptly put baby powder on it.  There were several little dots of black grease.  The black grease is lint that gets caught up on the needles and absorbs the oil/grease of the machine.  The baby powder did absorb some of the spots but not all.  I put some dishwashing soap directly on the grease spots and rubbed it in a bit and then hand washed the sham in cold water.  The grease came out completely. 

There was a day, many years ago, where I could work 24 or 48 hours straight.  Yes, I’ve done that.  Nowadays that just isn’t in the cards.  To celebrate the completion of this order, George made us a wonderful steak dinner Saturday night and presented me with a surprise.  He bought me a bottle of lemoncello.  Oh my goodness, that stuff tastes like lemon meringue pie in liquid form.  We thought I would fall fast asleep after dinner but that was not the case.  I guess I was wound up tight because sleep did not come easily.  Sunday we decided to truly make it a day of rest … and we did.  I fell asleep on the sofa watching movies and slept a good 3 hours. 

When I awoke, we went to the Musicians Memorial at Vinyl Music Hall, here in Pensacola.  George is involved with this group and it was good to see some old faces and new faces.  We only stayed for an hour or so but enjoyed every minute.  The music, of course, was wonderful.

I found out yesterday that we may be getting a surprise visit from my embroidery tech.  Yes, I plan on introducing her to lemoncello, too.  She hasn’t told me exactly when she plans on staying or for how long but she is always welcome and Clothilde is also looking forward to her visit.

Did I tell you about the light and fan pulls?  I saw something on Facebook one day that were two little tabs with a light bulb on one and a fan on the other.  You attach these to the fan and light cords/chains on your ceiling fans.  That is a brilliant idea.  I have been meaning to get some tassels or something to extend the length of the chains on mine.  I love ceiling fans and have 7 of them in the studio.  I just cannot reach the chains.  Even when I get the stool out to reach the chains, I usually cannot tell which is for the light and which is for the fan.  Oh yes, I made a set of embroidered pulls for each ceiling fan in the studio.  It all started with one tab a simple rectangle and the other a circle.  Then I made one the shape of a light bulb and the other remained a circle with the outline of a fan embroidered within the circle.  I love them and they are so practical.  Of course, I put them in our Etsy Store.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK

If you are not a subscriber and would like to receive Cajun Corner weekly, please email cajunstitchery@yahoo.com and let me know to put you on our email list. 

No time to read Cajun Corner?  Visit our blog at www.cajunstitchery.blogspot.com and click the Odiogo button to hear the computer read the blog.

 

Cajun Stitchery

(850) 261-2462
P.S.  You are always welcome to stop by and look at all of the catalogs and pass some time with me, cher.

No comments:

Post a Comment